TeachMeet Glasgow (Unplugged) is over, you can read some reactions, records and responses:
- #TMGlasgow a Delight | John’s World Wide Wall Display
- #tmglasgow (with images, tweets) · johnjohnston · Storify
- TeachMeet Glasgow (unplugged) in six steps – Through The Windae
The Scottish College for Education Leadership (SCEL) have kindly agreed to sponsor the hire of the venue. Click on the logo above to find out more about how they are developing and supporting leadership at all levels for educational practitioners.
What is a TeachMeet?
Learn something new, be amazed, amused and enthused. This is an informal gathering of those curious about creative approaches to teaching and learning. Anyone can share great ideas they’ve trialled in their classrooms, ask important questions or take part in learning conversations.
What is TeachMeet Glasgow (unplugged)
TeachMeets are such a fantastic opportunity for teachers to get together and share ideas. TeachMeet Glasgow (unplugged) brings this opportunity to the teachers of the greater Glasgow area. Anyone can sign up and join in.
Why unplugged? We want everyone to be prepared with something to share. And not to worry too much about the tech and their PPT slides. Therefore, there will be no large screen. But feel free to bring tablets and laptops as necessary.
As TeachMeet is also celebrating its 10th year, looking to reinvigorate a sharing ethos that perhaps looks like this:
more than this (although this works too!):
However, clearly with a better balance of men, women and youth!
Where and When?
Glasgow, G40 1AW
Thursday 12th May 2016
6-8pm (beers from 5pm)
2 minute ‘nano’ presentations
Sign up below…
- @mrscane_p4 1+2 approach within early years and parental engagement
- @katiebarrowman and @gallowaysusie Digital Explorers – pupil leadership in the 21st century school.
- @drewburrett A wee revision activity for pupils
- @missmcintyre15 Sharing Teaching and Learning ideas
- @gmsteer Outdoor learning in urban schools.
- @yifrati – Whole class instant feedback (using one device)
- @johnjohnston Scottish Open Education Declaration 1.0
- @KD0NALDS0N – On using Edmodo
- @natsywhite Using the outdoors for assessment
- @athole Building Scotland
7 minute ‘micro’ presentations
Sign up below…
- @MrsPert1 #teacher5aday
@GHS_RMPSDept Laurie McGuinness –
Developing thinking skills with seniors
- @macfloss ClassDojo
- @awilson1978 Mini Game Jams: Why more schools should get involved.
- @drenton72 Coding with Touch Develop and the Microbit
- @immersiveMind Games as a tool for Teaching and Learning
- @MrMcMahonTPS Philosohy with Children
Meet, Listen and Discuss…
- Carol Frazer
Round table discussion question
- Why does TeachMeet matter and what can be done to help regrow the TeachMeet movement?
How to sign up?
Sign up by adding your details to the Google Form below…if you just put your name, your twitter handle (if you have one), what you could share and how long you’d be willing to share it for (2 or 7 minutes).